MTG SA organised TRAKO 2021, the 14th International Railway Fair, with 506 exhibitors from 25 countries on 3 continents (Europe, Asia, North America). The Fair featured 5 National Pavilions (Austria, the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, Germany and Switzerland).
TRAKO is also a place for young people who are looking for a job in the railway industry. MTG SA organised Education & Career Day, with the exhibitors offering internship and traineeship opportunities. During the event, children’s artworks produced in an art competition were auctioned, with the proceeds going to a selected social initiative. Students of the Technical High School of Communications in Gdańsk provided the IT support as part of their traineeship. After the Fair, MTG SA handed over some of the stand structures to Gdańsk-based technical high schools, while large-sized waste was disposed of using advanced and environmentally-friendly technology (by shredding).
- 1,500 Education & Career Day participants
- 134 job, internship or traineeship opportunities
- 100 entries in the TRAKO for KIDS Art Competition
- PLN15,000 in proceeds from the artwork auction donated to charity
- 5 days of disposal of large-sized trade fair waste using advanced and environmentally-friendly technology (by shredding)
- safe trade fair in a hygiene regime, with no Covid-19 infections identified during the event
- 74 programmed events owing to extensive partnerships and collaboration with the Programme Council
- job opportunities, lectures and career advice for young people
- funds donated to charity