After a year-long break brought about by the pandemic, we held the Christmas Fair in the centre of Gdańsk in 2021, ensuring safe hygienic conditions. Over its 5 weeks across an area of 8,500m2, the Fair brought joy to local residents and visitors alike. We organised 49 catering stalls, 46 gift stalls and 26 food & beverage stalls. MTG SA invited many community organisations to collaborate. Santa’s Stage was made available to children from neighbourhood and municipal community centres. The Polish State Forests donated Christmas trees. The DKMS Foundation invited bone marrow donors to register, with the RCKiK Blood Donation Bus available to those who wanted to donate blood. We provided room for the Magic Closet, which was used for ToyCrossing. An outdoor vaccination station was available to those who wanted to get vaccinated against Covid-19. We also supported a Christmas Eve get-together for people in need, organised by the Dominican Friars. Some of the revenue from the sale of Christmas Fair cups via the online store was donated to the Hospice Foundation.
- 100 events with children participating
- PLN55,555 in funds raised for the Hospice Foundation together with GPEC Group
- 1,000 toys donated by the people of Gdańsk as part of #toycrossing
- 2,330 people vaccinated at the outdoor vaccination station set up in collaboration with the Copernicus Medical Group
- 200 people in need took part in two Christmas Eve get-togethers
- 350 Christmas trees donated by the Polish State Forests from selected areas of intentionally uncultivated land, where they had been planted; the trees were shredded after the event to fertilise other crops